Highly wear-resistant thread inserts for in-moulding
IMTEC® refers to the „In-Moulding TEChnology“ and describes the in-moulding of metal thread inserts with plastics before ejection.
IMTEC® – The joining solution for the in-moulding technology
- Inserting of wear-free and resilient metal threads in high-quality plastics
- Generation of blind hole threads or through hole threads, depending on customer components
- Combining specific advantages of the different materials
- Plastic-metal components provide for advantages such as reduced weight, improved corrosion resistance and component cleanliness
- IMTEC® moulded inserts are particularly suitable for thermoset and thermoplastic materials
Component cleanliness, weight reduction, improved corrosion protection
IMTEC® CO cross section
In many fields of application, in-moulding of metal fasteners with plastics is the solution.
IMTEC® moulded inserts are benefiting of the advantageous synergy effect of high strength metals in combination with plastics.
IMTEC® CF cross section
IMTEC® moulded inserts are placed into the mould manually or by means of a handling system. Only the core pins of the injection mould have to be geometrically adapted to the IMTEC® moulded inserts.
Thread inserts of asymmetric rolled stainless steel A2, which is coiled to a fixed bushing with one flange-type extension.
- Magnetic despite of stainless steel: Magnetisation of components due to the forming process and therefore fixation on the core pin
- Residual dirt minimasation
- Weight reduction of the component
- Maximum usable thread length
Thread inserts with “double flange” produced from steel by cold forming.
- Deformation area allows precisely adjusting of the thread inserts length according to the mould dimension
- No metal-cutting operation
- Very large flange diameters possible
Our IMTEC® product catalogue provides more information about our thread inserts.
|IMTEC® Moulded inserts
Thread inserts for in-moulding
|0225/16.02||English||PDF / 612 KB|
If you are not able to open the document, please install the Adobe Acrobat Reader.